Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hit the Ground Running

In seven days life has flipped all around like the most intense roller coaster. First, we rescued Freyja, then Girl got sick, on Monday out male chihuahua was bitten by our foster dog, and Thursday a friend was in a motorcycle crash. Between sick kids, convalescing dogs, making inquiries into Freya's future, and visiting my friend in the hospital life has been one hell of a ride.

Freyja has been spayed and brought up to date on her shots as well as treated for her severe infestations of parasitic worms. Check one on the list. I've got the ball rolling nationwide to get her networked and available through various rescues geared towards malamutes so check two on the list. Children are back to health. Check three.  Bean has been treated for his bite and is healing with a bruised ego. Check three.  Friend is out of the hospital and is convalescing in my home where she can receive around the clock care. Check four. I've started a fundraiser to assist my friend with her medical costs. Check five.

Can I go to bed now? I haven't slept well in a week and I'm tired. I'm not a saint, I just doing the right things and for the right reasons. I was always told undid them for the wrong reasons, but I think I've got it going well now. I just need some sleep.  Here's to hoping a new week will bring health and restoration to my friend and family, an ideal home for Freyja, and a bit of down time  

No comments:

Post a Comment